Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Blessings

Easter weekend was a wonderufl time with family anf friends.  We have a lot of fun coloring eggs and hunting for eggs.  We ate Easter lunch on Saturday and enjoyed good time with friends.  Saturday night, I tried a new Easter activity to explore the real meaning of Easter with the boys.  I found several creative ideas to tell the real Easter story.  The one I liked for the boys this year started with them finding rocks.  I gave them empty Easter baskets and told them to find 5 rocks.  They brought the rocks inside and we sat down and read the Easter story. We wrote on the rocks bad choices that we make.  We talked about Jesus dying on the cross to take away those bad choices (sin). 

After we talked about each rock and what was written on it, we put them back in each Easter basket and covered it with a red cloth representing Jesus.  When the boys woke up Easter morning, they found a new basket with Jesus' name on it.  All of the rocks were in his basket and the cloth still covered the other baskets.
Thw boys found new good things in their baskets.  The rocks were gone and replace by good things.  The boys enjoyed looking through their baskets.  The best comment was from David who exclaimed, "Wow, God gave me hot wheels cars for Easter.  God knows I like hot wheels"

Wow a wonderful Easter!!!  He is Risen!!!

No comments: