Sunday, March 27, 2011

A quiet moment

I am sitting in a very quiet, dark hotel room listening to the breathing of three sleeping boys.  Today is Nathan's 8th birthday.  Hard to believe 8 years ago, Hank and I were in a labor and delivery room marveling over our first little gift from God.  Hard to believe that was 8 year ago.  Time goes by so fast.  I can't belive that the twins are 5 years old and will start Kindergarten in the fall.  Oh, I pray now for their future Kindergarten teachers (ha-ha).  I pray they will get to know the boys and understand their unique personalities.  I pray for Nathan's future 3rd grade teacher.  He has had Ms. Ashley for 3 years in Project Friends.  This will be a big transition for him.

I am thinking right now about what I will be doing this next year.  I have finally taken the big step to resign from directing the preschool.  The daily pressures and stresses of managing employees, balancing budgets and making decisions that impact 170 kids a day have taken a toll on me this past year.  Other factors contributed to this big decision, but I know it is the right decision.  I know because as I listen to the sound of three sleeping boys, I pray to be a good mother who has more time, patience, and physical (not to mention emotional) energy for my boys.  I want to be part of more adventures and memory making fun with my boys (and my husband).  So, what will I be doing next year with two boys going to Kindergarten and one going to 3rd grade?  I really don't know yet.  But whatever God provides from me, He knows my heart's desire to give more to my family.  I trust that He will provide.

Jehovah Jireh

2 comments:

meme said...

OH, MY....Heather... I can't imagine Sunshine without YOU!!!! :( I'm not too good with change...I pray that you will find God's Plan for you and your family!!! Whatever that is....your employer will be blessed to have you there!!

meme said...

I got distracted....Happy Birthday, Nathan....can't believe he's 8, either....enjoy theses moments!! :)