Sunday, January 16, 2011

Can I have a do over?

A "do-over" kind of morning... Do you ever wish you could have a do over in life? This morning was one of those times. We were late to church, David had a trantum going into church, David had a trantum leaving church, we wanted to take our two "adopted" college girls to lunch...got to Moe's late-they were in the front of the line and Sarah motioned for us to join them she had already order two of the boys meals...I took over the ordering for the family...not realizing until I was in the midst of it..that I probably ticked off many people in line by "cutting" to be with our college girls. Then I felt bad and like everone was staring at me (probably calling me names). Hank was frustrated. Tried to sit down and make lunch a nice time with Sarah and Kaitlin. David had another episode and I had to have a chat outside with him. Finally ate lunch and then David have yet another trantum over the balloon the ballon man made for him. Needless to say everyone again stared at me as I left Moes carrying a screaming child. So I am sorry to all the people in line at Moes:( and to all those who had to hear the screams of a 5 yr-old. David and I just had a long talk and all the boys are going to have rest time with Daddy while I attend a baby shower. Parenting is not easy. It is very humbling and tiring. Pray for me and for others you know who are parents (especially if they have a strong-willed child:))....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a day! Glad you made it to the shower, and even had positive things to say about parenting!