Several thoughts and experiences from day whirl around waiting to be written. I was reminded many times today of God's love and grace. I was reminded that although some "bad choices" (as we call them in preschool) carry with them tough consequences, we all have grace and forgiveness in Christ. I was reminded about the fragility of life and the courage it takes to trust the Lord when a loved one is diagnosed with cancer and a daughter is wondering what the outcome will be.
The boys always provide fun stories and lessons.
Friday at school, Jonathan was not listening to his teacher. He had been disrespectful and had received a disciple note. When he came to the office at the end of the day to go home, I questioned him about the note. I asked what the note said. He replied that he did not listen to his teacher. I reminded him that it so important to obey not only our mom and dad (ten commandments) but God wants us to obey our teachers.
"Jonathan, I am so sad that you didn't listen to your teachers and I think it makes God sad too."
"But Mommy,...God gives us second chances."
From the mouths of children....
Jonathan (4 1/2 yrs-old) at the river

No comments:
Post a Comment